Winter can be a challenging time for pets and their owners; especially for smaller pets or those who are not use to the cold temperatures. Which makes pet safety in the winter an important consideration to make, and one that Pawt4Paws would like to help with!
Winter Pet Care Tips to Keep Your Fur Family Safe
Keep your fur family safe and comfortable during the winter months matters, so we have put together a list of 8 winter pet care tips to help our pet owners do so.
- Limit outdoor time: Pets can get cold quickly, so it’s important to limit their time outside during the winter. If it’s too cold for you, it’s probably too cold for your pet.
- Dress them up: Just like humans, pets can benefit from wearing a coat or sweater to help keep them warm when they need to go outside.
- Keep them dry: Wet fur can make your pet even colder, so be sure to dry them off thoroughly when they come inside.
- Keep them away from heaters: Space heaters and other heating devices can be a hazard for pets. Make sure your pets stay away from them and that they’re placed in a safe location.
- Check their paws: Snow, ice, and salt on the ground can be harsh on your pet’s paws. Check their paws regularly to make sure they’re not cracked or bleeding, and wipe them down after being outside to remove any salt or other chemicals.
- Keep them hydrated: Even though it’s cold outside, your pet still needs access to clean drinking water at all times.
- Watch out for antifreeze: Antifreeze is toxic to pets, so be sure to clean up any spills and store it in a secure location.
- Be mindful of their health: Cold temperatures can exacerbate certain health conditions, so be sure to keep an eye on your pet’s behavior and take them to the vet if you notice any unusual symptoms.
CBD for Pets with Itchy Winter Skin
The winter months can also cause your pet to have dry itchy skin, and as mentioned on a previous blog post, CBD can offer great relief.
CBD for dogs with itchy skin is an excellent alternative to prescription medication. It can deliver on:
- Anti-inflammatory properties
- Pain relief
- Stop the root cause as to why your pup is itching
- Alleviate anxiety caused from chronic discomfort
Pet Safety in the Winter
Seasonal pet care matters, regardless of which season we find ourselves in. But currently the season that is upon us, and our pets – is the cold reality of winter.
When our pets are exposed to winter’s dry air, cold winds, and rainy forecasts, they can experience some mild discomfort. Chapped paws and noses, itchy dry skin and joint pain, are all factors that can cause your pet to become uncomfortable.
By apply our protection balm to their paws and nose before going out, it can help to prevent any discomfort caused from rain, ice, snow – and the cold in general. In addition, using our pet skin treatment can help with your pet’s winter skincare routine as well, making an excellent after-bath treatment to add to their routine.
Overall, winter pet care is crucial to keeping your furry family member happy and healthy – and Pawt4Paws is here to help!
Whether you want to purchase CBD oil, CBD treats or CBD lotion – our products can be found here.
Our goal is to help pet owners find the right CBD product for their pet’s needs, and provide assistance in any way we can. Feel free to contact us with any additional questions you may have. We also encourage you to connect with us via Facebook, Instagram or our contact us page to stay informed on our latest products, services, sales or promotions!