The days get a little harder as our pets get older. Just like us, dogs and cats need extra support and extra care when they become seniors. Fortunately, CBD can help make such days a little easier and help them age with joy and comfort.
Quality is a Key
Even though CBD is legal in Canada, there are no formal regulations yet. That means you need to be very attentive to pick a good quality CBD oil that works and is 100% natural. There are few things to look into when picking a CBD oil brand.
- Natural and ethical sourcing. Good quality CBD oil has to be grown using best practices with no harmful chemicals. As a plant, hemp easily absorbs all the good and bad from the soil while growing. That’s why it is so important to look for 100% natural CBD products.
- Third-party testing. Avoid companies who do not test their products in the laboratory or don’t provide you with that kind of information when asked.
- Do your research. Many CBD companies may state that their product is the best on the market. But always do your research before spending your money and give the product to your senior pet.
What CBD Does to Your Senior Pet?
After you have done your research and know where to buy CBD products it’s time to see the actual health benefits of CBD oil for senior pets. Here is just a fraction of what CBD can improve for your furry friend:
- Promote pain relief
- Calm and lower anxiety, depression, and stress.
- Support the GI tract and improve appetite
- Boost and support the immune system
- Regulate neurological functions
- Take care of joint health and help with arthritis and sore joints.
- help control seizures
HuffPost suggests giving your dog a pet-specific CBD product. As they are formulated for dogs and cats only and the CBD concentration will be appropriate.
Older animals ageing in a different way and some of them need different care and support than others. CBD oil for senior pets can be a great addition to a daily diet and just gives them that needed health support.